Block Party Vendor Booth Agreement
5-10 PM Saturday, October 7, 2023
The Mosaic Project of South Texas, Inc. hereinafter referred to as “PRIDE Corpus Christi” has established rules and guidelines for the PRIDE Corpus Christi Block Party hereinafter referred as “Block Party” and on site booth vendors, hereinafter identified as “Vendors”, to allow for a safe and fun environment for all attendees to experience. The rules and guidelines provided are intended to ensure a level of quality and safety for the public and by signing the Vendor Release Form you and your organization agree to this agreement in whole.
Vendors , contractors, sponsors, volunteers and other ancillary persons associated with the Block Party event agree at all times to honor and abide by the following statement of non-discrimination in word and action:
“All persons associated with PRIDE Corpus Christi and related activities will provide service to individuals without regard to an individual’s sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, HIV/AIDS status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, gender, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, military status, veteran status, citizenship or any other protected classification in accordance with state, federal and municipal laws.”
Breach of this agreement will find Vendor in violation and will require Vendor to cease activities. Said Vendorwill forfeit all entry fees, rental fees, sponsorship fees, and deposits as applicable.
Any actions taken, or statements made to individuals or groups contrary to this agreement or the spirit and intention of this agreement are not permitted at the Block Party, at other PRIDE Corpus Christi event venues, or in any communications associated with the parade or Block Party:
- Interpretation and Violation of Rules to Agreement: PRIDE Corpus Christi reserves the right to interpret the rules of this agreement and settle and determine all matters, questions and differences in regard thereof or otherwise arising out of or connected with, or incident to this agreement. Any Participant(s) who violates any of the rules of this agreement will forfeit all privileges and be subject to such penalty as PRIDE Corpus Christi may order. PRIDE Corpus Christi does not accept the responsibility for travel, food, or lodging expense of any unit.
- Application: Block Party Vendor Booth applications are available for download or completion online at pridecorpuschristi.com/blockparty. The application deadline is close of business on Friday, September 29, 2023. Applications may be submitted online at www.pridecorpuschristi.com/blockparty An application is only considered complete when submitted with full payment and a signed Vendor Release Form.
- Placement: PRIDE Corpus Christi reserves the sole right to place all approved applicants in any position in the Block Party location. PRIDE Corpus Christi will try to accommodate requests by vendors but makes no guarantees. See the attached Block Party 2022 event layout. If you have a special requirement, please contact Block Party Chair Jonathan Swindle at email@example.com
- Block Party Registration Fees:
- Refund/Cancellation Policy:
Block Party vendor registration fees are non-refundable for accepted entries. No refunds will be given for cancellations due to inclement weather, natural disaster or public health emergency.
- Safety: All Block Party Vendor Booths must be operated in a legal, safe and ethical manner and comply with law enforcement and PRIDE Corpus Christi Any lewd behavior or profane music will not be tolerated and will be grounds for removal from the Block Party. The consumption or distribution of drugs is strictly prohibited by all Block Party participants. The consumption of alcohol is only allowed in the designated pavilion and gated Block Party area.
All city, county and state statues will be strictly enforced by the police before, during and after the Block Party.
All Food Trucks must have the appropriate licensing and Food Handler’s Permit. Individual food truck businesses will be responsible for ensuring the appropriate licensing and permitting for each of their employees as well as for the vehicle itself.
- Generators: Generators must have sufficient fuel to operate. Generators, other than Food Truck vendors, should not be started until the Block Party begins to preserve fuel. Adding fuel to hot generators is strictly prohibited. No electricity is provided.
- Stakes and Tent Poles – No ground stakes will be permitted at any time due to the requirements of the city of the venue. Each vendor must provide their own weights and/or tie downs for their tents. Failure to comply will result in the vendor being asked to cease sales and operation.
- Offensive Items: PRIDE Corpus Christi reserves the right to prohibit the display of any item which is reasonably deemed objectionable from the standpoint of taste, quality or compatibility with PRIDE Corpus Christi’s Some items that will be considered offensive include but are not limited to: weapons of any kind, lasers, high powered water guns, rubber band guns, toy guns, unsafe, obscene, pornographic, drug related items or any item that may be considered politically offensive.
- Sound: Sound systems are allowed in the Block Party; however, the music should be of good taste. Use of high intensity sound making devices is strongly discouraged. Sound of any type must be at a compatible sound level. Block Party officials have the complete authority in this matter and reserve the right to withdraw any unit that does not comply with their instructions to turn down or turn off sound when instructed to do so. Failure to comply with the officials’ instructions will result in immediate removal from the Block Party and jeopardize future participation.
- Political campaign activity/electioneering: As the Mosaic Project of South Texas Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization, PRIDE Corpus Christi invites and encourages local political officials to participate as allies of the LGBT+ community but will monitor all activities, signage and rhetoric to insure the fair and equal treatment of the community.
- Tables, Tents, Chairs: All vendors are responsible for bringing their own tables, chairs, tents, or any other supplies.
Vendors will be able to set up on October 8th from 9 AM – 5 PM. Setup prior to the parade is encouraged. We ask that you are set up by 4 PM, where possible. All vendors must remain in place until the close of event. Vendors must vacate the premise by 11 PM.