ALL PARADE ENTRIES MUST COMPLY WITH FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS,
ORDINANCES AND GUIDANCE ON COVID-19 AND OTHER HEALTH PROTOCOLS
The Mosaic Project of South Texas, Inc. hereinafter referred to as “PRIDE Corpus Christi” has established rules and guidelines for the PRIDE Corpus Christi Parade hereinafter referred to as “Parade” and on parade participants, hereinafter identified as “Entries”, to allow for a safe and fun environment for all attendees to experience. The rules and guidelines provided are intended to ensure a level of quality and safety for the public and by signing the Parade Entry Release you and your organization agree to this agreement in whole.
Entries , contractors, sponsors, volunteers and other ancillary persons associated with the parade agree at all times to honor and abide by the following statement of non-discrimination in word and action:
“All persons associated with PRIDE Corpus Christi, PRIDE Corpus Christi Parade and related activities will provide service to individuals without regard to an individual’s sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, HIV/AIDS status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, gender, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, military status, veteran status, citizenship or any other protected classification in accordance with state, federal and municipal laws.”
Breach of this agreement will find Entries in violation and will require Entries to cease activities. Said Entrieswill forfeit all entry fees, rental fees, sponsorship fees, and deposits as applicable.
Any actions taken, or statements made to individuals or groups contrary to this agreement or the spirit and intention of this agreement are not permitted at the Parade, Block Party, at other PRIDE Corpus Christi event venues, or in any communications associated with the Parade or Block Party:
- Interpretation and Violation of Rules to Agreement: PRIDE Corpus Christi reserves the right to interpret the rules of this agreement and settle and determine all matters, questions and differences in regard thereof or otherwise arising out of or connected with, or incident to this agreement. Any Participant(s) who violates any of the rules of this agreement will forfeit all privileges and be subject to such penalty as PRIDE Corpus Christi may order. PRIDE Corpus Christi does not accept the responsibility for travel, food, or lodging expense of any unit.
- Application: PRIDE Corpus Christi 2022 Parade Applications are available for completion online at pridecorpuschristi.com/parade. The application deadline is close of business on Friday, September 29, 2023. Applications may be submitted online at www.pridecorpuschristi.com/parade. An application is only considered complete when submitted with full payment and a signed Parade Release Form.
- Placement: PRIDE Corpus Christi reserves the sole right to place all approved applicants in any position in the Parade. PRIDE Corpus Christi will try to accommodate requests by Entries but makes no guarantees. If you have a special requirement, please contact Parade Chair; Jonathan Swindle by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parade Entry Fees:
|Pride 2022 Sponsor
- Refund/Cancellation Policy: Parade registration fees are non-refundable for accepted Entries. No refunds will be given for cancellations due to inclement weather, natural disaster or public health emergency.
- Safety: All Entries must participate and be operated in a legal, safe and ethical manner and comply with law enforcement and PRIDE Corpus Christi Any lewd behavior or profane music will not be tolerated and will be grounds for removal from the parade. The consumption or distribution of drugs is strictly prohibited by all parade participants.
All city, county and state statutes will be strictly enforced by the police before, during and after the Parade.
- Distribution of Items: Without exception, the distribution of items, including but not limited to, candy, beads, toys, promotional items, flyers, etc., along the parade route are strictly prohibited.
- Generators: Generators must have sufficient fuel to operate. Generators should not be started until the Parade begins to preserve fuel. Adding fuel to hot generators is strictly prohibited.
- Offensive Items: PRIDE Corpus Christi reserves the right to prohibit the display of any item which is reasonably deemed objectionable from the standpoint of taste, quality or compatibility with PRIDE Corpus Christi’s mission. Some items that will be considered offensive include but are not limited to: weapons of any kind, lasers, high powered water guns, rubber band guns, toy guns, unsafe, obscene, pornographic, drug related items or any item that may be considered offensive.
- Sound: Sound systems are allowed in the Parade; however, the music should be of good taste. Use of high intensity sound making devices is strongly discouraged. Sound of any type must be at a compatible sound level. Parade officials have the complete authority in this matter and reserve the right to withdraw any unit that does not comply with their instructions to turn down or turn off sound when instructed to do so. Failure to comply with the officials’ instructions will result in immediate removal from the parade and jeopardize future participation.
- Political campaign activity/electioneering: As the Mosaic Project of South Texas Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization, PRIDE Corpus Christi invites and encourages local political officials and announced/registered candidates to participate as allies of the LGBT+ community but will monitor all activities, signage and rhetoric to insure the fair and equal treatment of the community.
- Check-in/Staging: All Entries will receive a Parade Entry Number, Parade Route Map, after Entries are approved. Entries will have a fifteen (15) minute window to arrive at the staging lot, after which Entrieswill forfeit Parade lineup space and all fees associated.
An approximate schedule:
Parade staging will begin at 4 PM CST.
All Entries in place no later than 4:30 PM CST.