LOVE IS IN THE AIR—ENTER THE PRIDE WEDDING CONTESTFebruary 27, 2020
(CORPUS CHRISTI) – For the fourth time since the inception of PRIDE Week celebrations in Corpus Christi, a contest will be held to reward an LGBTQIA+ couple with a free wedding during PRIDE Week in June 2020. The contest, held by the Mosaic Project of South Texas, which organizes the annual PRIDE festivities, kicked off today. Interested couples must complete an entry form and submit a video not to exceed five minutes by 12:00 PM CST on Wednesday, April 1, 2020. The wedding will take place on Sunday, June 7, at St. Paul United Church of Christ, according to Pastor Dana Worsham, who serves on the Mosaic Project Board and is chairing the contest.
“There is no greater demonstration of the love of God than the exchanging of vows of a committed couple willing to devote themselves to one another,” Pastor Worsham said. “St. Paul’s is proud to host the wedding and bless the couple as they begin their new life together.”
The selected couple’s wedding package will include:
- Complimentary wedding venue, St. Paul United Church of Christ, 5525 Lipes Boulevard. If the couple wishes to have their wedding in an alternate location, they may do so at their own expense.
- Complimentary wedding photography, flowers (altar flowers, bridal bouquet and/or groom boutonniere).
- Complimentary hair/makeup for the wedding couple.
- The selected couple has a choice of venues for post-wedding reception: (1) St. Paul United Church of Christi or The PRIDE Center at the Coastal Bend Wellness Foundation, 2882 Holly Road.
- The wedding reception includes food and non-alcoholic drinks for up to 50 people.
Complete contest rules and the entry form are available here and the PRIDE Corpus Christi Facebook page.
The mission of the Mosaic Project of South Texas, Inc. is to create an inclusive community by promoting the well-being of the LGBTQIA+ community through love and mutual respect. We do this by producing PRIDE events that foster a sense of community that encourages LGTBQIA+ citizens to live openly and with pride and educate the public of our shared cultural heritage. The Mosaic Project of South Texas seeks to build and strengthen relationships among participating individuals, community groups, and businesses that share the common goal of preserving and championing the dignity and respect of the LGBTQIA+ community.