PRIDE Pet Paw-rade 2021May 05, 2021
Saturday, June 12, 2021
Line up at 9:30 a.m.
Paw-rade begins at 10:00 a.m. St. Paul United Church of Christ
5525 Lipes Boulevard
Download Flyer / Parade Route / Entry Rules
Depart St. Paul United Church of Christ and walk west on the public sidewalk along Lipes Boulevard. The Paw-rade will pass Elan Senior Living and Incarnate Word Convent. The Paw-rade will cross Lipes Boulevard at Crossgate Park and return east along the public sidewalk passing the residential neighborhood, the medical building and Solstice Senior Living. The Paw-rade will cross Lipes Boulevard at Solstice and end at St. Paul.
Guidelines and Liability Waiver
- 1. Limit of two domestic household pets per participant handler/owner.
- 2. The following animals are not permitted in the parade: wild animals, raccoons, ferrets, snakes, reptiles, horses, ponies, mules, or potbellied pigs.
- 3. Females in heat are prohibited.
- 4. Pets must be on leash at all times.
- 5. All animals MUST be controllable by their participant handler/owner who entered them in the Paw-rade. If a Paw-rade official believes the participant handler/owner does not have proper control of the animal before or during the Paw-rade, the animal will be withdrawn from the event and will be asked to leave the event.
- 6. Pets and their participant handlers/owners should be up to date on appropriate vaccines to protect the health and safety of organizers, participants, pets, vendors, and spectators.
- 7. Participant handlers/owners must take care of all your pet’s waste before, during, and after event. Waste bags will not be provided.
- 8. No aggressive animals permitted. If such behavior is displayed the pet and participant handler/owner will be asked to leave the event.
- 9. Pets should be sociable with other animals, adults and children and should not be aggressive or protective about food, toys, adults, children or others. Pets and participant handlers/owners should expect loud noises, music and crowds for the event which may make the pet anxious.
- 10. During the Paw-rade, participant handler/owners and pets should remain on the public sidewalk and refrain from walking in the street unless it is to cross the street.
- 11. Pets and their participant handlers/owners are encouraged to dress in celebration of PRIDE Month (June).
- 12. Entries and attire must not be obscene or offensive towards an individual or imply any type of hate group.
- 13. Participant handlers/owners are liable and completely accountable for any injury or damage caused by their pet.
- 14. We reserve the right to disqualify any pet and pet handler/owner found in violation of the following rules and guidelines.
Waiver of Liability
The Mosaic Project of South Texas/PRIDE Corpus Christi and St. Paul United Church of Christ are not responsible for any injuries that occur to Paw-rade participants or their pets, loss or damage to personal property by reason of weather, fire, accident, theft or any other cause. We reserve the right to ask any participant to leave the event.