PRIDE Pet Paw-rade 2021May 05, 2021
Saturday, June 12, 2021
Line up at 9:30 a.m.
Paw-rade begins at 10:00 a.m. St. Paul United Church of Christ
5525 Lipes Boulevard
Depart St. Paul United Church of Christ and walk west on the public sidewalk along Lipes Boulevard. The Paw-rade will pass Elan Senior Living and Incarnate Word Convent. The Paw-rade will cross Lipes Boulevard at Crossgate Park and return east along the public sidewalk passing the residential neighborhood, the medical building and Solstice Senior Living. The Paw-rade will cross Lipes Boulevard at Solstice and end at St. Paul.
Guidelines and Liability Waiver
- 1. Limit of two domestic household pets per participant handler/owner.
- 2. The following animals are not permitted in the parade: wild animals, raccoons, ferrets, snakes, reptiles, horses, ponies, mules, or potbellied pigs.
- 3. Females in heat are prohibited.
- 4. Pets must be on leash at all times.
- 5. All animals MUST be controllable by their participant handler/owner who entered them in the Paw-rade. If a Paw-rade official believes the participant handler/owner does not have proper control of the animal before or during the Paw-rade, the animal will be withdrawn from the event and will be asked to leave the event.
- 6. Pets and their participant handlers/owners should be up to date on appropriate vaccines to protect the health and safety of organizers, participants, pets, vendors, and spectators.
- 7. Participant handlers/owners must take care of all your pet’s waste before, during, and after event. Waste bags will not be provided.
- 8. No aggressive animals permitted. If such behavior is displayed the pet and participant handler/owner will be asked to leave the event.
- 9. Pets should be sociable with other animals, adults and children and should not be aggressive or protective about food, toys, adults, children or others. Pets and participant handlers/owners should expect loud noises, music and crowds for the event which may make the pet anxious.
- 10. During the Paw-rade, participant handler/owners and pets should remain on the public sidewalk and refrain from walking in the street unless it is to cross the street.
- 11. Pets and their participant handlers/owners are encouraged to dress in celebration of PRIDE Month (June).
- 12. Entries and attire must not be obscene or offensive towards an individual or imply any type of hate group.
- 13. Participant handlers/owners are liable and completely accountable for any injury or damage caused by their pet.
- 14. We reserve the right to disqualify any pet and pet handler/owner found in violation of the following rules and guidelines.